National Geographic has been THE travel, culture and photography magazine for many decades. Its in depth coverage of remote locations around the world and excellent photography have been a benchmark ever since the first issue was published back in 1888- no, it’s not a typo! This incredible magazine is over 100 years old and is just as popular if not more than what it was back then, and now focuses on three specific audiences by publishing magazines that will cater to specific interests: you have National Geographic Kids for young explorers, National Geographic Traveler for those who love to be on the road, and National Geographic Magazine.
To celebrate this blog’s first birthday I want to do something special for you readers and I’m happy to announce that I am giving away a 1 year subscription to National Geographic Traveler Magazine! Cool huh? Here’s what you have to do to get this awesome magazine delivered to your house for free:
What are you winning? You will get 1 full year (8 issues) of National Geographic Traveler Magazine delivered to the address you specify for free. You don’t have to pay for anything. Zip. Nada.
How do you win? Very easy. Starting next week (July 12 2010) I will be giving clues of two very famous places in the world you will have to guess. And it gets even easier because I have spoken about those to places in my blog. As soon as you know the place I am giving the clues for send an email with the answer, your full name and country you are in to firstname.lastname@example.org. When will I publish these clues?
- July 12 2010 (Monday): Email subscribers and Facebook Fans get the first clue of place number 1.
- July 14 2010 (Wednesday): The same clue gets published in this blog as a featured post
- July 15 2010 (Thursday): Email subscribers and Facebook Fans get the second clue of place number 1
- July 17 2010 (Saturday): The same clue gets published in this blog as a featured post.
- July 19 2010 (Monday): Email subscribers and Facebook Fans get the first clue of place number 2
- July 21 2010(Wednesday): The same clue gets published in this blog as a featured post AND CLUES TO PLACE NUMBER 1 WILL BE REMOVED
- July 22 2010 (Thursday): Email subscribers and Facebook Fans get the second clue of place number 2
- July 24 2010 (Saturday): The same clue gets published in the blog as a featured post.
- July 26 2010 (Monday): THE CONTEST IS OVER AND ENTRIES WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
- July 28 2010 (Wednesday): The winner of the 1 year free subscription to National Geographic Traveler Magazine will be announced.
Who can participate? This contest is open to anyone in the world but you must be over 18 years old. You must also have a physical address to where there issues can be sent.
What do I recommend? The clues of the places will be very obvious and chances are you will already know what place I am talking about with the first clue. Using those clues and the search box in this blog you will easily find the answer. As you see I will be giving clues of 2 places and EACH PLACE YOU GUESS CORRECTLY WILL COUNT AS ONE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN. This means that if you guess both places you will have 2 opportunities! You might want to mark the dates on a calendar, but to make it dead easy:
Subscribe by email to Maitravelsite. Your email address will not be published and you will get the clues delivered into your inbox as well as my future weekly travel entries or contests I hold, unless you unsubscribe which is totally optional- but I hope you don’t! To subscribe by email simply enter your email address in the space provided at the top of the sidebar.
Become a Fan of maitravelsite’s Facebook Page. This might be easier if you’re a Facebook member but make sure you review the wall posts! On the sidebar of this page (or any page of my site if you’re reading this from your RSS subscription) you will see a Facebook widget with a “Like” button. All you have to do is click on this button and follow Facebook instructions. Another option is to navigate to our maitravelsite Facebook page and “Like” it there.
Good luck and spread the word… you can always share the magazines with your friends!