If you have a baby under the age of four, then most likely you have a rear-facing car seat. While it keeps your baby safe, it can be difficult and unsafe to keep your eyes on your kiddo by repeatedly turning around.
Fortunately, the best baby car mirrors give parents like you a chance to keep a watchful eye on your little ones in the backseat.
However, they’re not all created equally, and could be stressful to pick just one from hundreds of options.
This buying guide spotlights some of the best car seat mirrors on the market. I’ll give you a thoughtful and thorough review of each one of them and will tell you why these devices are so useful for parenting on the road.
PIN for Later!
Best Baby Car Mirrors
Britax Baby Car Mirror
A baby car mirror made by a well known kid brand
Totview Baby Car Mirror
Large and sturdy, it provides a clean reflection.
So Peep Baby Car Mirror
Another large mirror at a reasonable price
Shynerk Baby Car Mirror
Who says only big brands make good products?
Lusso Gear Baby Car Mirror
Valuable and easy to install.
Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror
Large, durable and affordable , this is our winner.
Why Do You Need a Baby Car Mirror?
During the first few months of a baby’s life, it’s recommended that they’re placed rear-facing in the car, avoiding unnecessarily stress and over stimulation caused by flashing lights, traffic noises and passing cars.
Most importantly, it also protects your little one against a car crash.
But we all know the biggest downside of a rear-facing backseat – we can’t see our children!
This is where a baby car mirror comes in handy.
As you’re driving along, it allows you to quickly look in the rear-view mirror and get a good glimpse of your little one.
Benefits of a Backseat Baby Mirror
- It gives parents a set of eyes in the backseat of the car.
- It helps you to stay focused on the road, as you won’t have to turn your face back.
- If baby is fussing, dropped their toy or spilled their snack, you’ll know right away.
- It provides peace of mind while driving with young kids.
Baby Backseat Mirror – Buying Guide
There are many different car seat mirrors on the market and shopping the right one can be overwhelming. It’s essential that you invest in a sturdy, high-quality product; otherwise, your purchase will be a total waste of time and money.
Let’s find out a few things you need to check for:
This is of utmost importance when it comes to our babies. That’s why we keep them rear-facing in their car seat for as long as possible in the first place.
When choosing a mirror, make sure it’s crash-proof, so you can feel confident that in the event of a collision, it’ll remain firmly in place, rather than shatter and create a dangerous situation on impact.
You should expect nothing but the best materials to be utilized in the construction of products that has been designed for your baby.
Most durable mirrors are made with a long life span in mind, and can be used for up to 2 years without suffering any major wear.
Ease of installation:
A product as simple as a baby car mirror shouldn’t be overly complex to install. Likewise, you shouldn’t be struggling to secure or adjust your installation.
You want a mirror that can be used quickly without any trouble, and once installed, doesn’t slip or fall off while you’re driving. Ideally, the best baby mirror for car should come with a pivot attachment and high-strength nylon straps.
Be sure to buy a car seat mirror that’s compatible with your vehicle. Some models are only designed to mount on specific car types.
You don’t want to get stuck with a mirror that doesn’t fit in your backseat because you may be forced to improvise by taping it down, which can look ugly and compromise the product’s correct functionality.
Don’t choose a cheap plastic, toy-ish mirror as it may get scratched, smudgy, or become blurry within the first few months of use.
Buy a high-quality and convex mirror for the greatest possible viewing area.
If you want to know the truth about a certain product, ask to those who already bought and used it. That’s the best way to get an honest opinion on the quality and usefulness of the specific baby mirror you’re to buy.
6 Best Baby Car Mirrors
Now that you know why a car seat mirror is useful, and quite frankly, a parent’s necessity, it’s time to check out some of the best picks available:
- Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 3 x 11.5 inches
- Customer rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
You’ve probably heard about the BRITAX brand before, a well-known company in the world of baby products which specializes in car seats. With such a famous name and reputation comes a certain sense of confidence.
They’re constantly offering innovative and well-constructed items that fit you day-to-day life as busy parent, making it more hassle free. This baby backseat mirror is not the exception!
BRITAX’s backseat baby mirror is an extra-large convex pivot mirror designed to reflect a head-to-toe clear view of your child.
No assembly is required with this product, which features adjustable straps to securely attach to your adjacent vehicle’s headrest. Because safety should be put first, this shatterproof car seat mirror has been crash tested to ensure your little one doesn’t get injured in the event of a collision.
- Convex Pivot Attachment: BRITAX put a pivot attachment on this mirror to provide you with a clear view of your baby in the rear facing car seat position at any angle. This crucial part of the design gives you full control and allows the mirror to be placed in pretty much any direction you’d like it in.
- Modern Design: the frame of this car seat mirror is made with a soft-feel velvety, grey material that gives it a sleek look and polished finish. They went an extra mile to ensure this mirror would be easy and modern on the eyes.
- Cost and Value: this is a game changer for most parents (including me). BRITAX offers a great number of features with this baby backseat mirror at a sensible price that won’t break the bank. Even right down to the modern finish, you’ll enjoy every inch this mirror has to offer, including the flexible pivot, wide lens and adjustable straps. All this while taking it easy on your wallet.
SHYNERK SH-M-02 Baby Car Mirror
- Weight: 13.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 7.4 x 1.1 inches
- Customer rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
If you need a sturdy, wide-angle baby car seat mirror, then this may be the perfect option for you. This SONILOVE model comes jam-packed with a great number of features that will suit almost any parent.
The SHYNERK’s convex mirror offers a full sight of your infant and surrounding areas of your car’s cabin.
The mirror is also fitted with a strong, 360 degree ball and socket joint for full maneuverability, thus allowing you to find the perfect viewing angle for effortlessly monitor your baby while driving.
It is completely adjustable and compatible with most cars, vans, SUV’s and trucks.
Combine this with the shatter-proof system, which has been crash tested and certified to provide peace of mind in the event of an accident.
The high-quality black polymer plastic holds the glass firmly in place, furthering the safety of the car seat mirror and making it both lightweight and durable.
- Break Resistant Design: one of the major concerns of having glass around a baby is breakability. Fortunately, this baby mirror for car seat features a break resistant acrylic surface, giving precedence to safety.
- Simple & Quick Installation: sometimes setting everything up can be intimidating. This is especially true when you’re hanging a mirror in front of your baby. The SHYNERK infant car mirror comes with sturdy nylon straps and buckles that make putting it together a breeze. You’ll get it up and ready in less than 10 minutes!
- Great Deal: there’s no need to break the bank to equip your car with essential accessories for keeping your little one safe. SONILOVE designed one of the best baby car mirrors on the market, at a truly unbeatable price. The best part? There’s a lifetime satisfaction guarantee, so you can return it at any time for a full refund.
- Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.6 x 9.5 x 3.7 inches
- Customer rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
Unfortunately, sometimes baby car seat mirrors move out of place and require constant re-adjusting, especially if you often drive on bumpy country roads.
It only takes one stride down to realize that anything unsecured will fall over. Under these circumstances it’s extra important to have a stable mirror.
This pick from LUSSO GEAR is just that and a little more.
LUSSO GEAR’s baby car mirror comes with a unique secure mount system to make sure it stays in place even on the bumpiest of roads, without parents needing to fix, readjust or reattach the unit.
What’s more, the extra-large shatterproof, convex mirror provides a clear view of your car’s backseat, greatly reducing the stress of driving with young children in the vehicle.
- Super Stable & Secure: with this mirror you won’t have to worry about the danger of a slipping or falling object right into your child’s face. Have peace of mind that it’ll stay exactly where it should be.
- Crystal Clear Vision: if you’re tired of warped and toy-ish reflections, this mirror it’s a must have. You’ll be able to clearly see your car’s backseat whenever you look at the rear view mirror.
- Italian Inspired Design: another major plus is the sleek design. They made this car seat mirror both stylish and functional. Some children’s mirrors can be annoyingly colorful, but this model offers a clean, polished finish which you can easily coordinate with your car’s upholstery.
- Guaranteed satisfaction: the large mirror, sophisticated style and clear imagery will leave you more than pleased with your purchase. But if for some reason you’re unhappy or find anything wrong with your mirror, LUSSO GEAR offers a 100% money back guarantee.
- Weight: 1 pound
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 8 x 3.2 inches
- Customer rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Finding a brand that is FULLY compromised with your child’s wellbeing is fairly rare, which is one of the things that makes the COZY GREENS Baby Mirror so helpful to parents, and personally my favorite choice from this list.
Unlike other baby mirrors for car, the COZY GREENS backseat mirror has passed a 45-mph crash test at an official European testing facility (even stricter than standard U.S. tests) so you won’t have the least fear that it could present an additional safety hazard in an unfortunate collision.
This shatterproof mirror is ready to use out of the box, and it can be mounted in about half a minute with the help of a secure strap system which keeps the mirror tightly in place when the vehicle is in motion.
Once installed, a stable 360-degree rotating ball joint makes it easy to set the mirror’s position effectively the first time.
Each order includes a (free!) windshield mirror for forward-facing car seats, a useful travel activities e-Book, a microfiber cleaning cloth and a first-aid kit.
On top of all this, COZY GREENS donates 5% of their profits directly to an American-approved charity that provides underprivileged children around the world with food, shelter, clothing, and a safe environment.
- 30 Seconds Installation: yes, you read it right – you’ll be able to take it out of the box and have it ready to use within just thirty seconds! It is just a 3-step process: unpack, strap and adjust.
- Full Lifetime Warranty: customers often rave about how willing they are to answer their concerns, but if at any point you’re unhappy with your car mirror for baby, you are welcome to a 100% refund or FREE replacement. Whether you love it or hate it, you can be sure they’ll stand by their warranty if you have any issues.
- Cost and Value: you’d get a great number of cool freebies with your purchase, including an additional windshield mirror, which is also shatterproof and crash tested.
- Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.2 × 3 x 6.2 inches
- Customer ratings: 4.7 out of 5 stars
This one is certainly much larger than the average rear-facing mirror for baby, and it’s also convex-shaped so you can have a crystal clear, wide angle view of your car’s backseat. Your little one will stay entertained and have the comfort of seeing you, too.
TOTVIEW’S crash tested baby car mirror is made from the highest quality lightweight shatterproof acrylic, which won’t break even in the event of a collision.
It also features a unique 360-degree swivel joint that allows you to adjust the mirror to the perfect viewing angle.
Two durable straps secure the mirror in place, making sure it doesn’t slip or vibrate while you are focused on driving. Moreover, each mirror includes a ‘Baby-on-Board’ sign for your vehicle’s rear windshield.
This bright sign is clearly visible from a distance and comes with a suction cup so it can be adhered to any car window. As for the price, this mirror for baby in car is not the cheapest one around, yet still easy to afford.
- Fully Adaptable & Compatible with Most Vehicles: the adjustable straps are easy to use and can be adjusted to fit a variety of headrest sizes.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction: GROCREATIONS includes a lifetime manufacturer replacement warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Head-to-Toe View: the 10.2" large mirror provides a full view of your infant in their rear-facing baby car seat, making journeys safer and easier.
- Weight: 1.37 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches
- Customer rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
SO PEEP’s baby backseat mirror was designed with safety as the top priority and uses a secure double-strap system to stay permanently in place. This dual security also ensures that the mirror doesn’t shake or rattle when in movement.
This means that you’re less likely to get distracted while on the road and your baby will be not disturbed by unusual noises.
What’s more, the mirror is shatterproof, meaning you won’t have to worry about a potential harm in the event of an accident. It is also one of the largest mirrors on our list, giving you the best possible view of your child.
No assembly is required, simply attach the straps to the headrest, tight them up, and then pivot the mirror to get the viewing angle you need.
- Engineered from strongest & safest materials: acrylic glass is the best option for these baby mirrors, and SO PEEP definitely took that into consideration. The mirror is shatterproof, meaning your baby will be never get injured by a flying glass in the case of an unfortunate car crash.
- Includes bonus gift: who doesn’t love getting free stuff? I do! That’s why it’s so cool each order includes a bonus e-book, “Baby’s First Foods—A Practical Guide and 20 Nutritious Recipes”.
- Crystal clear view: the acrylic glass doesn’t distort reflections. Get a clear image of your baby from head-to-toe without having to turn around and take your eyes off the road.
Best Baby Car Mirror- Verdict
Best Baby Car Mirror 2019 – Cozy Greens Baby Car Mirror
Cozy Greens specializes in the design and distribution of high-quality childcare products aimed at improving the lives of children and their parents, and not surprisingly theirs is the best-rated baby car mirror.
It comes fully assembled, install within just 30 seconds, offers a crystal clear view of your baby and has been tested at the most stricter EU crash-proof standards.
What more could you ask for? Check price now